Sweet pepper is useful to use in fresh and processed form. This vegetable is rather difficult to grow, because the yield depends on the type of soil and crop care, therefore gardeners choose high-yielding varieties, which differ not only in good fruiting, but also in taste. Pepper Bogatyr refers to such, and it will be discussed in the article below.
Description pepper Bogatyr
Bogatyr variety pepper is produced by several well-known seed producers, and in each individual case it possesses certain external qualities.
Description pepper Bogatyr
- CeDec is distinguished by compact fruits. The weight of each 100-120 g, length 11 cm, wall thickness - 5-6 mm. Vegetable cone, there is a slight ribbing. The bush is sprawling, up to 70 cm high.
- "Aelita", "Search", "Successful seeds" - the variety has a conical shape with a slight ribbing, weighing 150-180 g, length 15-18 cm, wall thickness 5-5.5 mm. Sprawling shrubs, in height of 55-70 cm. Vegetative period of 120-130 days.
- "Siberian varietal seeds" - fruits cubiform, 11 cm long, 9 cm wide. Wall thickness 6-8 mm, weight - 80-130 g. From the moment of emergence of shoots to harvest 60-90 days. The bush grows in height to 30-40 cm.
The common features of all manufacturers include the red color of the vegetable, excellent taste, juiciness, flavor, meatiness.
The main characteristics of the varietyRead also these articles.
- Breed of chickens Fireol
- Feed for chickens
- Feed for pigs
- Milking machine MDU
Not all cultures are suitable for a particular locality. Variety of pepper Bogatyr was bred for different regions, in fact, therefore, there are some discrepancies in the external data of the vegetable and the bush. As for the characteristics, they are similar for all manufacturers.
Characteristics of pepper Bogatyr
- The variety is mid-season. True Bogatyr, intended for the cold regions (manufacturer "Siberian varietal seeds"), ripens a little earlier.
- The average yield is 6-8 kg / m. sq.
- Stable yields are given from year to year, provided that the land is fertile, maintained in good condition.
- The germination of the plant is friendly, as is the fruiting.
- It is grown in open field or greenhouse.
- The use is universal. Peppers can be preserved, consumed fresh, subjected to heat treatment (freezing, frying, stewing, boiling) and so on.
- Does not lose qualities and a trade dress at long transportation.
- In addition to a pleasant, delicate taste, and has a large number of nutrients, among which especially stands out vitamin C.
- It has resistance to tobacco mosaic, verticillus and late blight, but the treatment of some other diseases is still carried out, which will be discussed below.
How to grow?
To get the quickest shoots, the seedlings are made. In early April, you can sow the Bogatyr pepper in boxes, in order to plant seedlings in open ground or in a greenhouse in May or early June. Sowing seeds in open ground is carried out not earlier than mid-May.
Growing seedlings pepper Bogatyr
For the culture is selected lighted, sunny place. The earth is fertilized in the fall, in the spring you can only loosen it, pour it with potassium permanganate to disinfect the bed. Between the rows 50-60 cm of free space is left, as the bushes are sprawling, and 60 cm of space must be left between individual plants. For each sprout a separate well is made, a little watered with water so that the soil is moist. After planting, the crop should be left to full rooting, the shoots should take root.
If seeds are sown in the ground, it is recommended to cover them with white agrofibre. This procedure will speed up the seedlings.
Plant care is not difficult, but regular, so you will have to work.
- Shrubs have a height of 40-70 cm on average, are tied up on a mandatory basis, as the fruit is abundant and the stem may simply not withstand the load. For each bush make a separate backup.
- Watering is not necessary often, but generously and only with warm, infused with the sun water.
- Weeding is carried out after watering so that no crust and cracks form on the ground.
- Weeds are harvested as they appear.
- During the period of plant development, it is necessary to feed several times. The first time, another seedling, watered infusion of manure (1 part of organic matter to 12 parts of water). Later, before the appearance of buds, you should feed the plant with superphosphate (2 tablespoons per 10 liters of water). For the third time, wood ash (1 cup) and superphosphate (2 tablespoons) per 10 liters of water are used.
- It is recommended to mulch the ground with hay or other material so that moisture and nutrients are kept in the ground after making additional dressings.
What can hurt pepper?We recommend reading our other articles.
- Corn Herbicides
- Planting cucumbers in open ground
- Diseases and control of apple trees
- Milking machine for cows
In addition to the above features of care, the Bogatyr pepper must be treated from time to time with means for pests and diseases. Below are descriptions of diseases that can affect the variety.
Diseases pepper Bogatyr
- Brown spotting (klaosporiosis) affects the entire crop, including the stalk and fruit ovary. To fight the plant is sprayed with fungicides.
- The black leg is a fungus; it appears due to excessive humidity, low temperatures and the absence of sunlight.
- Gray rot can destroy the plant, if not in time to carry out the processing of fungicides.
- The scoop lays eggs from which the caterpillars hatch. The latter devour the leaves and thin stems of the crop. To fight use a decoction of wormwood.
- From the slugs that eat the leaves, will help sprinkling the ground with mustard powder and ground black pepper.
- Spider mite weakens the plant, as it feeds on its juices. But you can easily get rid of it by any popular method.