One of the most popular winter snacks is eggplant caviar. The recipes of this dish are incredibly many. Each family has its own tricks and secrets of cooking excellent eggplant caviar. The following article presents recipes for different types of eggplant caviar. They differ in both the ingredients and the method of preparation.
How to choose eggplants for caviar?
Photos of eggplants for caviar
Only with good eggplants for caviar can you get a quality dish. Eggplants that have ripened 1-1.5 months since the appearance of the ovaries are considered the best for eating. Such fruits are recommended to be taken for canning. Eggplants select a normal form, with elastic pulp without voids. Seed nest should be small.
Interesting! Eggplants began to be imported to Russia only in the 17th century. The people called this vegetable blue, Pakistana or Demianko.
If the vegetables are fresh, without decay, unpleasant smell, normal color and typical flavor, you will get eggplant caviar, fingers you will lick. And if you take spoiled products, the quality of the dish and its shelf life will be low. This should be taken into account when selecting ingredients for the manufacture of preservation.
The classic recipe for eggplant caviar for winterRead also these articles.
- Sterilization of cans in the oven
- Proper care of cucumbers in the greenhouse
- The best meat breeds of pigs
- What are the cells for quail and how to make it yourself
Photo of eggplant caviar for the winter
The most delicious eggplant caviar is made elementary. This is a classic recipe, in which each ingredient serves the unsurpassed taste, color and aroma of the dish.
- Eggplant - 2 kg;
- Onions - 400 g;
- Sweet pepper - 400 g;
- Carrots - 400 g;
- Tomato juice (can be replaced with chopped fresh tomatoes) - 400 g;
- Water - 250 g;
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Eggplants are washed and baked in the oven until tender. When they cool, they must be cut into small cubes or chopped in a food processor.
- Onions, carrots, bell pepper washed and cleaned. Then they must be cut into small pieces and fry in sunflower oil (any other vegetable oil will do) along with tomato juice.
- In an enameled, large bowl, eggplants, onions, tomatoes, sweet peppers, and carrots interfere. Water is poured into them, sprinkled with salt, pepper and stew for 30 minutes.
- Ready, eggplant caviar when hot is laid out on sterilized containers. Banks lidded and rolled.
This is the best recipe for eggplant caviar for the winter, which was recorded by many grandmothers and mothers.
Spicy Eggplant Caviar Recipe
Photo of spicy eggplant caviar
Spicy eggplant caviar - can be an excellent addition to any table. It makes the food more fresh, interesting, and plus everything healthy.
- Eggplant - 2 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 600 g;
- Bulb onion - 240 g;
- Tomatoes - 240 g;
- Chilli - 80 g;
- Vinegar - 80 g;
- Olive oil (or other vegetable) - 240 g;
- Garlic - 100 g;
- Salt - to taste;
- Ground black pepper - to taste;
- Ground red pepper - to taste.
- Eggplants are washed, dried, determined on a frying pan or similar dishes and baked in the oven until they are cooked and become soft.
- After baking, the eggplants are skinned and cut into small pieces.
- Sweet pepper is washed and also baked, brushed, and then cut into cubes.
Important! During baking, you should make sure that the pulp of eggplants does not darken much!
- Onions, tomatoes and chili are crushed with a knife or a food processor.
- Eggplant, Bulgarian pepper, onion, tomato and chilli are mixed in an enamel saucepan, vinegar and olive oil are poured into it. The resulting mixture is placed on a small fire and stews for about a quarter of an hour.
- While the roe is stewing, you need to peel and chop the garlic through a press.
- Garlic, red, black pepper, salt are added to the stewed caviar, everything is mixed and stewed for another 5 minutes.
- The caviar obtained after stewing is laid out in sterile jars while they are hot, and rolled up.
- It remains only to turn the resulting preservation lids down and put to cool under the blanket for a day.
The best eggplant caviar in a slow cookerWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Proper care of cucumbers in the greenhouse
- The best varieties of sweet and bitter pepper for greenhouses
- Black Currant Exotica - variety description
- Flower Ryabchik Imperial
Eggplant caviar in a slow cooker
When there is no possibility to cook the preservation on the stove, you can use a slow cooker. It allows you to cook a variety of dishes, including eggplant caviar, fingers you will lick for the winter!
- Eggplant - 1.5 kg;
- Tomatoes - 1 kg;
- Onions - 0.5 kg;
- Carrots - 0.7 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 0.7 kg;
- Hot pepper - 1 medium pod;
- Vegetable oil - 150 ml;
- Sugar - 13 g;
- Garlic (you can not use) - 3 cloves.
- Eggplants are washed and diced. Peel can be cleaned or left as desired.
- Sliced eggplants are put in a bowl and sprinkled with salt (so that the bitterness is gone, and the juice appears). They should stand for about 30 minutes.
- All other vegetables are thoroughly washed and put to dry. Onions are cleaned, minced, carrots are also cleaned and rubbed on a fine grater.
Important! If you put hot peppers in this caviar, then the finished dish will be sharp. If you want to get a simple caviar, not spicy, you can simply not put in the preparation of hot peppers.
- Sweet pepper is cleared of seeds and cut into cubes. Hot pepper is not necessary to clean (many like the burning of its seeds), and is also cut into small cubes.
- Tomatoes are rubbed on a large grater or simply peeled and crushed in a food processor.
- Multicookers are poured into the bowl with vegetable oil, and the Frying mode is turned on for 1 hour Onions are put on the bottom with carrots, they are fried briefly until the onions are transparent, and sweet pepper is poured. This mixture is fried for 5 minutes.
- Eggplant, meanwhile, must be washed under running water in order to wash off the salt. They are also put in the bowl to prepare for the rest of the products.
- When the vegetables begin to turn red, pour tomatoes, sugar, garlic (if desired) and turn on the "Quenching" mode for 1 hour. The lid closes and the multicooker is left.
- Ready-made eggplant caviar for the winter is laid out in clean jars and covered with lids (not tight). To keep the dish longer it is necessary to put them sterilized. Sterilization can be any convenient method for 30 minutes.
- After sterilization, the banks are twisted and left to cool.
Eggplant caviar for the winter through the meat grinder
Eggplant caviar through the meat grinder for the winter
This recipe is also known as Greek Eggplant Caviar. It is not done quickly, but the result is worth the effort.
Ingredients (for 10 jars of 0.5 liters):
- Eggplant - 3.2 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 530 g;
- Onion (can be of any kind, even sweet) - 720 g;
- Fresh tomatoes - 720 g;
- Fresh herbs - 25 g;
- Vegetable oil (preferably olive oil) - 500 g;
- Salt - 70 g;
- Sugar - 15 g;
- Ground black pepper - 5 g;
- Allspice - 5 g
- Eggplants, bell peppers and onions are cleaned and washed out, and the sweet peppers also remove the seeds inside.
- Eggplants and peppers are cut into pieces, not small and blanched in boiling water. Eggplants are given up to 15 minutes, and pepper is 5 minutes. Then they need to cool.
- The vegetable oil is heated in the pan (until a light haze appears).
- Onions are cut into 4 mm rings and fried with eggplants to a ruddy color in vegetable oil.
- Tomatoes are washed and thoroughly cleaned. It is also desirable to peel them off.
- Greens are well washed and crushed.
- Fried eggplants, onions, peppers, tomatoes are passed through a meat grinder to get a homogeneous mass.
- In the resulting mixture is added salt, sugar, herbs. All this is transferred to an enamel container (pan, bowl) and heated to boiling. The mixture must constantly stir! Stew 40-45 minutes, 5 minutes before completion, add black and allspice.
- A hot snack is laid out in dry, heated cans, covered with lids and determined to be sterilized in a saucepan with water. 0.5 liter cans are sterilized for 1 hour and 10 minutes, and liter cans are sterilized for one and a half hours.
- After processing the containers are rolled, turned upside down and set to cool.
Eggplant caviar is a favorite treat for many. It is not difficult to do it, and if you correctly fulfill all the conditions of preparation and sterilize the final product, you can get a delicious snack for the winter. It will be stored for a long time, without taking up space in the refrigerator.