Cabbage for the winter in banks can be rolled up or made in fermented form, under a plastic lid or in a tub. If you cook it properly, it will be stored for a long time. It is possible to make cabbage for the winter simple, without additional components or to use additives like carrots, apples, berries or seasonings. This article provides the best recipes for daily use and for the holiday table.
A simple recipe for cabbage for the winter in the banks
Photos of cabbage for the winter in banks
The simplest cabbage for the winter in the banks is done pretty quickly. It has a rich taste, a pleasant, simple flavor.
Ingredients (per 3 liter jar):
- Cabbage - 2.5 kg;
- Allspice - 2 peas;
- Black pepper - 6 peas;
- Laurel - 2 leaves;
- Sugar - 25 g;
- Salt - 30 g;
- Water - 1 l.
- The water in a skillet is brought to a boil over high heat, then it is subtracted and 1 laurel, black pepper and allspice, salt, and sugar are added to the water. Then all this needs to be stirred and boiled for 2-5 minutes. Ready brine set aside to cool.
- Cabbage is cleared of dirty, upper leaves. Then it must be thoroughly washed and cut into thin strips.
- When the cabbage is ready, it is poured into the banks on the "hanger", slightly sealing. In the middle of the can is necessary to lay the remaining leaf of laurel.
- Filled cans are filled with brine to the top. Peas, laurel, that were in brine, you can not throw out, as well as put on top of the banks.
- The resulting cabbage is left at room temperature for 24 hours. During this time, it is necessary to pierce it several times with a wooden stick to the very bottom of the can so that excess gas can escape. If you do not, the pickle will be bitter. When foam appears, it is also removed.
A day later, crispy cabbage will be ready for use. For storage, it is covered with lids and cleaned in the refrigerator. But it is important from time to time to open the lids for airing, so that there is no mold inside.
Sauerkraut recipe in jarsRead also these articles.
- The best varieties of watermelons
- Growing Basil
- Best Egg Breeds
- Pinot Noir grape variety
Photos of sauerkraut in cans
Very tasty cabbage for the winter is obtained if you add various components to it. In this recipe, in addition to cabbage, you can also put an apple, carrot, cranberry, lingonberry, and cumin, but if you like, you can replace these or other ingredients with pears, sweet peppers, onions, beets, dill, etc.
- Cabbage - 10 kg;
- Apples - 900 g;
- Carrots - 300 g;
- Lingonberry - 175 g;
- Cranberries - 175 g;
- Salt - 250 g;
- Cumin - 50 g
- Cabbage is chopped and mixed with salt.
- Apples are peeled with carrots and cut or grated on a coarse grater. After that they are added to cabbage.
- Lingonberries and cranberries are also added to the mixture, all sprinkled with cumin and then thoroughly mixed.
- Kvass such cabbage can be in banks or in wooden tubs. In the latter case, a layer of rye flour should be poured at the bottom, then cabbage leaves. Now you can fill the tub with chopped cabbage with apples, carrots, berries and cumin.
- On top of the cabbage must be covered with several leaves of fresh cabbage. And on top of it is put a wooden circle with oppression, so that the cabbage starts to produce juice faster.
- During souring, the cabbage produces foam, but it comes off quickly. As well as souring, it is necessary to poke cabbage every few days with a wooden stick or something like that, so that extra gases can escape.
After about 20 days, the fermentation will be completed (fermentation temperature + 18 ... +20 degrees), and the cabbage can be used for food. By this time, the brine will be light, the cabbage will settle, it will become soft, but crunchy, refreshingly sour.
Crispy cabbage in jars without salt
Photo of crispy cabbage in jars without salt
Salt in large quantities for the body is harmful, so in many diets, it is almost completely excluded. But how to make sauerkraut without this seasoning? In fact, there are many such recipes, one of them is described below.
- Cabbage - 3 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 500 g;
- Hot peppers - 1-3 pods;
- Honey - 3 tbsp. l;
- Water - 2.5 st.
- Cabbage is peeled from the top leaves, cleaned and shred as convenient.
- Sweet pepper is cleared of seeds, washed and cut into strips or cubes.
- Now the cabbage and pepper must be mixed in an enamel pot. It fits tightly so that there are as few voids as possible inside.
- Hot peppers are added to the cabbage. It is not cut, just placed between layers or placed in the middle of the jar. The amount of perchins depends on how sharp the cabbage needs to be obtained.
- In a separate container water is mixed with honey. The resulting syrup is poured cabbage. A yoke is put on top, and the pot is left for 2 days at room temperature, from time to time removing the foam that appears on top.
After 1-1.5 weeks, the dish will be ready, but it is very important to ensure that the cabbage is always covered with juice, otherwise it will deteriorate.
Marinated cabbage in the banks for the winterWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Bee venom
- Watermelon Twinkle
- Turkey food
- Potato Gala
Photos of pickled cabbage in jars
In the winter, cabbage can be not only sour, but also pickled in jars under the twist.
- Cabbage - 2 kg;
- Large carrots - 2 pcs .;
- Sweet pepper - 200 g;
- Sugar - 350 g;
- Salt - 60 g;
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l;
- Vinegar - 300 ml;
- Water - 1 l.
- Peppers and carrots must be peeled, washed and chopped. Carrots can be grated and chopped peppers into strips.
- The cabbage removed the top leaves, and then it finely chopped. In general, the pelvis, it is mixed with pepper, carrot.
- To make the marinade, water is poured into the pan and put on the stove. Sugar, salt, oil are poured into it and everything is mixed. When the mixture boils, the fire turns off and vinegar is poured into the marinade.
- Banks for canning are washed out with baking soda and sterilized. Caps for them worth boiling.
- Now you need to distribute the cabbage on the banks and pour it with marinade. After that, the preservation is sealed and put in the fridge for half a day. After the time the cabbage can be rearranged in the pantry.
Marinated cabbage with beets
Photo of pickled cabbage with beets
Cabbage with beets turns out nice beet color, but, in addition, you can add a lot of spices to it, for flavor.
- Cabbage - 2 kg;
- Beets - 0.5 kg;
- Garlic - half of a large head;
- Dried dill - 4-5 umbrellas (per can);
- Laurel - 8 pcs .;
- Chili pepper - 2 pcs .;
- Black pepper - 8-10 peas;
- Sugar - 100 g;
- Salt - 120 g;
- Vinegar (9%) - 100 ml.
- Beets are peeled, washed and cut into strips or slices.
- The top leaves of cabbage are removed, then you need to wash it and only then start to cut. You can cut as you like, in large or small pieces, as long as it fits well into the jar.
- Banks for preservation are sterilized, the lids are boiled in water. When they are ready, cabbage and beets are laid out in a container in layers. As they are placed in jars, they also place laurel, peppercorns, garlic cloves (sliced), dill, chili (to taste).
- As it is filled, the cabbage in the cans is slightly compacted so that it fits more and there is less free space.
- In a saucepan boil 2.5 liters of water. When the water boils, sugar and salt are poured into it, stirred, and then turned off after 5 minutes. After that, you can pour vinegar.
- Hot brine is poured into cabbage cans to the top, then preservation is covered with lids and sterilized.
- After sterilization, banks can be sealed, turned over, covered with a rug and put to cool for a day.
Cabbage for the winter in the banks is prepared in different ways. Depending on how long it needs to be stored, you can make pickled cabbage with a twist or sauerkraut for short storage. Although, if there is a wooden tub, the sauerkraut can be stored for several months, the main thing is to follow the cooking technology. And if you try to do it, then such a dish will be well kept in glass jars, under plastic covers throughout the winter!